FileRally is an innovative free file manager that collects the recently used files and groups them into a virtual folder. This makes it so convenient for the user that he can access the frequently/ recently used files without having to navigate through the entire storage every time. This free file utility allows the user to specify the files/ Folders that are frequently accessed.
Searching for files by navigating through many disk drives and folders is difficult. When the files are not organized on the system, this task becomes even more difficult. File Rally is a great solution to this problem. The files frequently used / accessed are available at the finger tips of the user, courtesy FileRally.
This free file manager is available for free download at SourceForge’s website and the size of the installer is just about 4 MB. Installing and using this software is extremely easy, thanks to the simple design and functionalities. This free file utility can be used on Windows operating systems like Vista and Windows 7 and Linux OS (Ubuntu 10.10)
Some of the Remarkable Features of File Rally are:
- The user can specify the folders to be monitored. When the user specifies the folder, the files of interest (the files that are frequently modified) are tracked and these are added to the list of FileRally.
- The user can also specify the number of files that are to be listed on FileRally Virtual Folder.
- Choose to view the files as a list of names, Icons and a list with details.
- The user just has to right click the file listed and open it with the right application on the system.
- Set the use count for the files and remove them from the list if not required.
- Use the control options to refresh the list of files, manually edit the list or program settings or exit the program.
All these features and options make FileRally, an innovative utility to organize the frequently used files in a virtual folder so that they can be accessed easily. Download FileRally Free.