Overgram is a free application for iPhone that lets you add text over the images almost effortlessly. There are many options to choose from and you can finally share your creations to multiple social networks. There is also an option of entering a contest. All you have to do is add the Instagram hashtag #BestOvergram to your photos while you upload them. The prize you can win for this is the pro version of this application for free which is for $1.99 in the App store.
This version contains 15 stunning custom fonts, removes watermark which says overgram and has more sharing options.
Features of Overgram:
- As mentioned earlier, Overgram can be used to add texts to your favourite images.
- You can have many options of fonts. In free version there are 10 fonts which are totally new. Some examples are, ‘League Gothic’, ‘Pacifico’, ‘Blackout’ and so on.
- You can also change the size of the font by tapping the ‘+’ button and ‘-‘ button.
- There is also an option for the alignment of the text. There was a reason for mentioning the word effortlessly while describing this application. You can simply add a text and then choose the align option to set the alignment to the left, right or center of the photo.
- Alternatively you can also drag the text to any place you like.
- By tapping on the font you can also change the colour of the text to whatever shade you like.
- The interface of the application is very beautiful. Instead of a conventional side-bar, they have added a wheel like thing on the right side which rotates as you switch between the options.
- Finally, you can save your creation in your camera roll or share it to your favourite social network. If you still want some more sharing options, you can go for the pro version.
How to Use Overgram:
Using Overgram is very simple. To begin with just pick a photo from your library by tapping on the photos option in the wheel. Once you have selected a photo, go to the font option in the wheel. In this option you can choose the colour and type of the font and the add text of your choice. The next option of size. Tap ‘+’, ‘-‘ to change the size of the text according to your needs. Then there is an alignment option on the wheel. You can opt your text to be in the left, right or center of the photo. Once done you can save this photo to your to your camera roll. If you want to get rid of all the changes you made, you can tap reset and all changes will be undone at once.
Almost every image editing software available on the app store has these features but its all about the ease of addition with this application. If you do not want to waste your time learning all the specific functions of the advanced applications available on the app store, you don’t have to think twice before downloading this. For a basic function of addition of text to the images, this application is a must download. Although there are many options of adding filters and editing photos in Instagram, this option is certainly missing in it given the fact that it is an application specifically meant for the photo sharing. Thus, Overgram completes that part of Instagram too.
Get Overgram app for iPhone free from here.