AVI Recomp is a free AVI compression software that can be used to re-compress the AVI media files. AVI , now being used predominantly as the media file format can be re-compressed/ re-encoded using this freeware. AVI Recomp uses XVID codec to recompress AVI files, and installation file of the program contains all the required components (including XVid).
Re-compression process can also be used to control the abnormal spikes in the bit rates in the media file.
With this free AVI compression software, the user can compress not only the audio based AVI file, but also the file devoid of any audio. Apart from these, the user can add a number of effects to the media file with this free AVI compression software, in order to enhance it and provide a better experience to the user.
If you are looking for video converters, you can try EncodeHD and Movies2iPhone.
Features of AVI Recomp:
- The facility to control the abnormal spikes in the data bitrates gives a smooth streaming of the file on the media players.
- While re-compressing the media files, the user can also add in his own subtitles and they will be burned to the file during the re-compression/ recording. A number of subtitle formats are supported which include, .txt, .sub, .srt, .ass, .ssa etc.,
- The user is allowed to edit the subtitle settings like changing the position of the subtitle in the video, changing the font and color of the subtitle script, shadowing and changing the style etc.,
- Further the user can also add watermarks to the video. These watermarks can also be made to appear only for a short duration of time, like the start and end of the video, and they can also be made to fade out after some time. This duration can be controlled.
- Cropping the display and changing the Aspect ratio for convenience, can be made by the user.
- The audio conversion to different formats can be made for better clarity. Audio that accompanies the video in the media file can be converted to formats like VBR, ABR, CBR, MP3 etc.,
- Sampling rate changes, volume level adjustments, bit rate controls can also be done on the audio component.
- AVI file being used extensively these days as the media files makes this software extremely useful. Batch encoding of files, loading files from the command line is also possible.
With all these features the software is extremely simple to use and with an intuitive interface with support for multiple languages, this freeware is efficient in re-compressing and enhancing the AVI files.
Download AVI Recomp and start compressing your AVI files. The file is as small as 12 MB in size and can be installed in a few seconds.