A Notepad is a free notepad alternative for Windows that lets you open multiple files simultaneously in different tabs on its interface. It is a feature rich notepad alternative where you can open text files, xml files, program files, java files, HTML, XML files etc. and can edit them with ease. It is also having syntax highlighting ability. Moreover, you can easily send a particular file directly to desired person as an attachment using Microsoft Outlook. It is much more than just a simple notepad alternative.
It provides some unique features which you won’t find with some of the Windows Notepad replacement software. Such as you can compare two files to get the differences between those files (specially helpful for source code files). Also, it provides a Todo option using which you can simply write simple tasks to remember them.
Interface of A Notepad in visible in above screenshot where you can open multiple files and each file will be opened in a separate tab showing you the name of file. At the left part on its interface, there is navigation pane where you can browse for desired folders in which you have stored your documents, files etc. Selecting a folder will let you view all of the files of that folder and you can double-click any text or source code file to open with A Notepad.
Other than this, there is menu bar available that will let you access each available option in this notepad alternative software. For example, if you want to compare two files, then you can access Tools option for this. After this, you can provide two files and can start the comparison process. It will quickly find out the differences between two files and show you results.
Similarly, you can use Tools option if you want to use Todo/Notebook option, use calculator, hex editor etc. Moreover, other basic options are also available such as File option to open, save, send file as attachment etc., which you can use accordingly.
Look At The Key Features of This Notepad Alternative:
- A feature rich notepad that is quite easy to use.
- You can open multiple files altogether. Each file will be opened in a separate tab which are neatly separated.
- You can use Todo/Notebook option to store small tasks.
- All opened files remain secure even if A Notepad is closed suddenly.
- File comparison feature is also available here.
- Provides syntax highlighting feature for C/C++, Pascal, Java, HTML, XML, Css, Ini, Bat, Unix script etc.
- Available in multiple themes which you can access using Settings option. See the below screenshot:
- It is very lightweight. Only 1.34 mb in size.
- A good alternative to Windows Notepad and available free to use.
A Notepad is a handy notepad which provides multiple good features as mentioned in this article. It can be a strong replacement for Windows Notepad. It provides navigation pane to quickly browse through desired file and you can open multiple files simultaneously on its interface. To use this notepad alternative free of cost, hit the below link: