Web of trust is a Google Chrome extension which shows you trusted websites for safe surfing. WOT Shows traffic light like icons on different websites and determines the trustworthiness of these websites.
It’s free and easy to use. Ratings are provided for different websites which shows how trustworthy are these websites. Ratings are indicated with different colors like red, green and yellow. After installing this extension, when you run a search on Google the searched websites will all have a green light or red light in front of them. Green means safe and red means not safe to browse.
You can choose different parameters for the safety of your PC like trustworthiness, vendor quality, privacy and child safety. When you hover the mouse over a link a pop up window like below screenshot will open up showing up various parameters of safety.
Key Features Of Safe Surfing:
- Easy to access.
- You may also rate the website and share with different users.
- Your rating is saved as window is closed.
- Shows a safe surfing pop up window when you hover over a link.
- Provides warnings on infected websites.
- You may also check the vendor reliability, is the website safe for transactions.
- You may activate child safety.
- Shows the comments with appropriate ratings.
How To Add WOT To Your Chrome Browser:
- To add WOT (web of trust) to your Chrome Browser, click here.
- Click on “Add To Chrome”
- This safe surfing extension automatically gets added to your Chrome Browser.
- To use this extension, you have to sign up with WOT.
WOT (web of trust) is a Google Chrome extension which informs you of the websites you can trust while surfing. It portrays different colors on websites, which lets you know how safe it is to surf these websites.
Try this extension, have safe surfing experience and protect your PC from different threats.