Coolbarz is a free desktop toolbar especially designed for Windows 7. It helps in the quickest possible access to some of the most used programs. The Coolbarz toolbar will be available on the desktop and with the help of this one can easily avail all the favorite programs, although it is primarily designed for Windows 7, one can also use the software in some of the other previous versions of Windows as well like Windows XP and Windows Vista. There can be toolbars on one or all of the four sides of the desktop and these can be customized according to the user’s needs and preferences.
Let’s look at the features of this desktop toolbar:
- This desktop toolbar can be positioned at any of the places that the user may choose and the number of toolbars can also be customized according to the user’s preferences.
- There are options like Stretch, R-Align and Center which can be used to position the toolbars properly. In case of the preferable number of toolbars there can be at most four of them on all the four sides of the screen and there has to be at least one of them present.
- A Preview Coolbarz option can be used to have a look at all the toolbars at the same time on a temporary basis.
- The Text option enables the display of the text in the numerous buttons of this desktop toolbar. These buttons may increase in size based on the amount of text entered within them.
- A Max Button Width option enables the user to set the maximum width that these options may grow into.
- The Color option gives the user a wide range of alternatives with respect to the color that is to be displayed. The user may customize the color of the buttons, their background and also the text displayed within them.
There are many other interesting options in terms of other functionalities of the Coolbarz that is expected to attract any user. The Enable Update Notifications and the Check Now options are related to the search for the availability of newer and improved versions of the software. The Launch Shortcuts option when enabled will directly launch the shortcuts and when it is disabled the programs will be accessed using the target paths of the shortcuts. Data Interval option is related with the responsiveness of the Coolbarz and the rate at which data is retrieved from the mouse cursor. The Always Accessible option enables an all time access of the toolbars which might turn out to be rather inconvenient when it comes to the performance of all other work by the user. The Fade coolbarz in and out option deals with the transparency issues.
Important files and some of the user’s favorite internet shortcuts can also be added to this desktop toolbar. These are accessed by a direct link to the actual file or shortcut and this can be very useful. Another very interesting and important characteristic of Coolbarz is that they can be configured according to the needs of different users. In order, each of the user of a desktop can use the Coolbarz differently.
The Coolbarz is certainly the software to look out for. What makes this software so appealing is the number of features and options that are available to the user. It must be said that apart from the above mentioned ones there are many other uses of this software as well.