Dare is a free iPhone app in which you can ask any questions and other users gives you video answers. You can ask questions on almost any topic and other users of the app answer them by recording a clip. You can also answer the questions asked by others. Apart from answering questions, you can like and comment on the answers given by others. You can even follow any user on the app. If any of the user whom you are following, also follows you back then you both can chat with each other. In this case, you both are considered as friends. While asking questions, app lets you choose whether you want to ask only your friends or also to your followers.
You can choose to chat either 1-on-1 or in groups. While chatting, you can even send video clips, apart from normal text chatting. After asking question, you can also share it via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, email, and YouTube. The app updates you in real time whenever any user answers your question. The app also has feature of reporting inappropriate videos in case you find any such video.
Using Dare iPhone App:
To use Dare app, you need to register with it, which you can do by providing your email address or using Facebook/Twitter account. Once you have done that, you will see the main interface of the app. The main interface of app has following 5 options: Feed, Selected Questions, Ask Question, Activity, and Profile.
- Feed: It displays the questions asked/answered by the users followed by you. You can also use search bar to search for question using either username or answers. You can like, comment, share and repost any of the answers from the feed. You can even choose to view all the comments to any particular question. If you want to follow any user or want to view his profile then tap on his username to open the profile page. From here, you can check details like his followers, users he is following, number of answers given, and even ask him a question.
- Selected Questions: This section displays only selected questions from all the questions available on app. These selected questions are divided across three categories: Popular, Top 30 users, and Rookies.
- Ask Question: This option let you ask questions to your friends or followers. To ask question to any particular user, go to his profile and tap on Ask Me option. When you choose the user, you will see a text box for typing the question. While entering question, you can choose to show/hide your name. Simply tap on the Pencil icon to ask the question.
- Activity: Check all the activities asked by you on this app from here. It is also like your notification center where you can check the notifications regarding your account on the app.
- Profile: View all the info about your profile here.You can check your followers and users followed by you. You can also keep a profile status. If you want to chat with any of your friends on the app, then tap on chat icon at tip right corner.
To answer questions, go to Ask Question section and tap on Answer option at top right. Here you will see the list of questions which you can answer. If you don’t like any of the displayed question, then you can change it by tapping on the icon in front of each question. To record your answer, tap and hold the circle button at bottom of the recording screen.
Dare is a unique and interesting way of answering questions and also getting answers. Its somewhat similar to Yahoo Answers, except for the addition of video feature. I also like the additional feature of making friends and chatting with them including video clippings. The concept is really good.