Format Converter X is a free Windows 8 media format converter app available under the ‘Music & Video’ category of Windows 8 App Store. Here, in this media format converter Windows 8 app, you can easily convert Audio files and convert Video files to desired formats. You need to follow a few simple steps to convert files, maintaining / decreasing the sound quality, or just extract audio out of a video.
All the converted files are saved in a selected path. Yup.. you can set a location where you want all your converted files to be got saved. You will also get a notification once the file has been converted successfully. Supports source formats such as MP3, MP4, WMV, AAC, WMA, AVI, MPEG, MPG, MOV, M4V, WAV, M4A, PCM, AC3 and lets you convert files to formats such as MP3, MP4, WMA, WMV, and AAC.
The interesting part about this Windows 8 media format converter app is that you can make multiple files to convert in the background (at the same time), while you are working on other important assignment. Let me tell you how to do that.
How To Convert Multiple Audio / Video Files At One Time:
- Open the app, click on the format to which you want a file to get converted. I selected MP3, for example.
- Select the file you want to convert (click on ‘Files’ to choose a folder or file).
- Just select a file you want to convert to a different format. Soon, you will find ‘My Conversions’ category including the file you have set to convert. Also, you can change the format to which you want to convert your file. In addition, there is a ‘Path’ option where you can select a location for your converted file.
- Now, to add another file conversion, just click on a format to which you want to convert a file. Proceed with same instructions. Similarly, you can add as many as you want to convert at one time.
- Once you have uploaded a number of files, right-click anywhere on the screen → a horizontal panel will open → click on ‘Convert All’ button to start with your file conversion. Just click ‘Convert All’ and forget your conversion. Continue with your important assignment. The app will automatically show you a toast notification with the completion of each operation.
- Its done..
On the home page of the app, you will find ads.. well, you can remove these ads in case you find them irritating. However, to get the ‘no ads’ version, you need to pay $1.49 to the Windows Store. For this, press ‘Win+C’ to open the Charms Bar → click on ‘Settings’ → click on ‘Remove Advertising’. Once you buy this paid item, you will never get any ad on the screen. If you are very much into media files conversion, then it would be beneficial to pay a small amount and get all the ads removed. Otherwise, ads are not that annoying.
Key Features Of Windows 8 Media File Converter App:
- Lets you convert media files to a desired format.
- Lets you extract just the audio part out of your favorite videos.
- Supports format such as MP3, MP4, WMA, WMV, and AAC to convert to.
- Lets you convert multiple files at one time.
- Make conversions in the background, while you are working on some important assignment.
- Brings you toast notifications with the completion of each conversion.
- Lets you remove advertisements forever, by paying a small amount.
- It’s very easy to convert formats in this file conversion Windows 8 app.
How To Install Format Converter X In Windows 8:
Open this link in IE10 and click on ‘View in Windows Store’, else just switch over to Windows Store and search for ‘Format Converter X’ (press Win+Q to open the search bar). Proceed with further installation procedure. You will soon find the app placed on your Windows 8 start Screen.
In Short, Format Converter X is a good utility Windows 8 media file converter app to convert audio and video files to different formats or to extract audio from video files. No more browsing through the entire Internet just to find a good conversion tool. Download Format Converter X and you are all done.