Zinf Audio Player is a free music player with SHOUTcast, Icecast, and HTTP streaming. You can stream an audio file using its HTTP URL or SHOUTcast/Icecast playlist file. In addition to that, you can opt to save the music stream on your PC. The music stream plays smoothly and along with that you can enjoy other features of this music player. You can create a long list of your songs by adding HTTP URLs or downloading playlist files from SHOUTcast, Icecast. The interface of the music player is customizable and it supports themes. There are a number of themes available that you can apply to it to make it look cool.
This audio player is like any other MP3 player software, but what makes it special is its ability to stream music from various sources. Although, HTTP streaming is supported by many music players, but streaming SHOUTcast and Icecast is very rare. And Zinf does that very easily. Just download the playlist files of the radio or music tracks and play them with Zinf. It removes the hurdle of keeping separate MP3 file of tracks on your PC. You just need the streaming file of the songs you want to listen to.
Main Feature of Zinf Audio Player:
Zinf Audio Player is a cross-platform audio player and quite popular among its users. Its numerous features can turn you against your favorite music player whatever you are using right now. See the list of key features of this powerful music player here:
- SHOUTcast, Icecast Streaming: This is the best feature of this free music player. Streaming SHOUTcast and Icecast is easy with Zinf. Just download the playlist file from any of these websites and then it will steam the music for you. Also, from the settings of Zinf, you can opt to save the audio stream as a file to any location on your PC.
- HTTP, RTP streaming: In addition to the SHOUTcast and Icecast, you can also stream music over HTTP and RTP protocols. For this, you will need the HTTP or RTP URL of the song you want to play. Just add the URL directly or make a playlist of the audio files by adding URLs one by one.
- Themes and Skin Customization Support: Just like other music player, Zinf also supports customization features. There are a set of different themes available here that you can download and apply.
- Music Browser and Organizer: Zinf comes with music browser feature. Using music browser, you can search all the music files available on your PC. Also, after listing music files in the My Music section, it also allows you to manage them. You can sort your songs according to artist, year, album, title or via other parameters.
- Sound Equalizer: Any music player is almost incomplete without an equalizer. That’s why the developers have stuffed a fully functional equalizer in Zinf with the other features. You can access it from the corner of the software and enhance music quality.
- Playlist Editor: You can create unlimited playlists in Zinf. And not only local songs, but you can add songs from HTTP, RTP URLs and from SHOUTcast, Icecast playlist files.
- Meta Tags Editor: After Zinf has organized your songs in My Music section, it can automatically fix the metadata of the songs by looking into Musicbrainz.
How to Stream from SHOUTcast, Icecast, ans HTTP using Zinf?
After getting a picture of the features of Zinf, it’s time to see how they work. So, with the help of some easy steps, I will tell you here how to stream SHOUTcast, Icecast, and HTTP with Zinf.
Step 1: Run Zinf and to play an audio file from HTTP, click on MyMusic button. The music browser will open up with the default playlist. Click on the “Add New Stream”. After that, it will ask you to fill some information like name, URL of the stream etc. After specifying it, click on OK and add the song to playlist. Click on the song to play it in the player. It will start buffering the song and finally will play it.
Step 2: If you want to stream from SHOUTcast or Icecast, then you need the M3U file to stream the music. You can easily download it from the official SHOUTcast or Icecast directory. After getting the M3U file, you can play it using Zinf and your song will start playing.
Step 3: During the play back, you can invoke the equalizer from the wave label from the top corner. Also, you can customize the front end of the software to make its skin compact, or in its full view.
That is all you require to Stream from SHOUTcast, Icecast, and HTTP using Zinf. If you often listen to SHOUTcast or Icecast, then you should try this music player. The streaming capability of the software is beyond awesome.
Zinf audio player is one of the best music player with SHOUTcast, Icecast, and HTTP streaming feature. You can stream your favorite content anytime and anywhere. Also, it offers other features which are necessary for a music player. So, in my opinion, it is wise to make your personal music player.