Update 2022: This app no longer exists.
Leaf.fm is a free iPhone app to play YouTube videos, even when minimized. It means you don’t have to keep this app opened always for watching videos. You can minimize the app and still continue listening to audio of YouTube videos. The app lets you listen to audio of YouTube video even when you keep screen locked.
Apart from this, app includes different default playlists, like Billboard Hot 100, Today’s Dance, Today’s Latin, and much more. You can also make your custom playlist of videos you love to watch or audios you want to hear. The app also lets you look for artists and buy their songs from iTunes Store along, with displaying cost.
Note: This app is still in Beta version and not available on iTunes App Store yet. You can get it by clicking on the link given at end of this review.
Using This iPhone App to Play YouTube Videos Even When Minimized:
Download the Leaf.fm app on your iPhone using the link given at the end of this review. On launching of the app, you will see the app’s interface with 5 options at bottom: Featured, Search, Playlists, Profile, and Player.
- Featured: This section displays featured playlists across different categories including Billboard’s Hot 100. Tap on playlist you like, to check songs included in it.
- Search: Use this option to search for any video of your choice. The app will display you the search results fetched from YouTube.
- Playlists: Use this option to create custom playlists. To create a playlist, tap on the option at top right corner to give it a name. After this, you only have to swipe towards the left on any song to add it to playlist. You have to sign-in using Facebook for creating playlist.
- Profile: Check your profile from here. The app displays artist you follow by fetching data from Facebook account.
- Player: Use this option to watch the YouTube video and see the video controls like play/pause, next, and previous.
You can use the options mentioned above to find the YouTube video which you want to watch. After finding the video, tap on it to start watching it. You don’t have to do anything else. You can minimize the app whenever you want and the audio of the selected YouTube video will continue to play.
You can also lock your iPhone to keep continue listening to YouTube video’s audio. See the screenshot below. You can also control playlist without unlocking your iPhone.
You may also like: 5 YouTube Client Apps for iPhone.
Leaf.fm is an awesome iPhone app to play YouTube videos even minimized. The app works perfectly with no complaints despite being the fact that app is still in Beta phase. The app is definitely worth a try.