YouSnap is a free Android app that lets you capture pictures of documents, notes, and whiteboards during meetings and brainstorming sessions. You can save these images in different documents inside the app, and view them anytime you want.
The best feature about YouSnap is that you can select just the relevant area and the app will straighten it out by removing the skewed view and giving you images that are clear to view and read.
Few Features of this Amazing Android App:
- In built camera to click amazingly clear pictures.
- Capture pictures of notes from your office meetings.
- Click pictures of whiteboards during presentations.
- Click from any angle and correct skewed image easily.
- Import pictures from Android gallery.
- Manage pictures of notes etc. in separate files inside the app.
- Rename files (known as documents).
- View all pictures in a document one below the other as PDF.
- Option to share as PDF only available in paid version.
- Access all your important notes inside the app from documents.
- Easily select the relevant part of the image to remove skew.
- The app also lets you rotate the pictures.
- Good quality images after editing too.
- You can also select a part of the photo and save it to get a square image.
If you are an iPad user then check one of these Free Note Taking Apps For iPad, that had been reviewed on our website.
How to use this Android App:
Use the QR code or Google play store link given at the end of this review to download the app on your Android phone. Once the installation is done, launch the YouSnap app.
The in built camera option of the app will open. You can Click an image of a document, whiteboard, or any other important picture by tapping the Round Capture button. To the left of the capture button, you will see the gallery icon. Tap it to import pictures from the gallery.
On the top right corner of the same page you will see a square icon which, if tapped on, will take you to the saved picture documents in the app. You can tap on the document to view it. You can also add more pictures to the documents by tapping the camera icon on the bottom.
Working on the Smart Editor:
The best feature of this app is its Smart Editor. After clicking an image with the in built camera, or importing an image of phone’s gallery, the app will take you to the Smart Editor Screen.
Here, you can rotate the image clockwise or anti-clockwise. You can also select a portion of the image that is skewed. Just tap on the white squares to adjust the blue lines (see screenshot below for reference) and select the desired area of the image. Tap the tick icon on the bottom right corner of the app and move on to see a corrected image that is clear and readable.
Another thing that this editor does is that you can select any portion of the image in any shape with four sides and the smart editor will automatically make it square, just perfect for sharing on Instagram.
You can share any image of the app one by one as JPG (sharing as a PDF is only allowed in the paid version). Open the document, tap the image, and press the share icon displayed on the bottom panel. You can share the image via Bluetooth, E-mail, or any other app.
You can also use free Notepad app for Android, to make notes and create to do lists.
YouSnap is a very good app to take pictures of whiteboards during meetings. We can capture pictures from any angle and later on correct the skewed portion easily in this app. The best thing is that I can access all my notes in the app anytime easily.
Get YouSnap App for Android here or scan the QR Code given here.