Twittermarks allows Twitter users to find the Tweets ‘liked by a specific Twitter User’ (Handle). It generates and displays the list of 5000 most recent likes by that user.
Tapping or clicking on any Tweet in the list takes you to that particular Tweet on the Twitter Portal. You can also search inside the list of ‘Liked’ Tweets using a specified search string filtering the results.
How it Works:
- Access Twittermarks using the link https://twittermarks.herokuapp.com/
- Login via Twitter if you haven’t already signed in earlier and grant the necessary permissions.
- Search a particular Twitter Handle to bring up a list of the recent likes by that user.
- If you wish to further search for a certain ‘like’, use a specified keyword.
Since Twittermarks is a 3rd party application not owned by Twitter, you need to give it permission to access your Twitter account. Click on this link to learn more about 3rd party app permissions.
The site is still in the Beta stage, so, there is a dearth of features and few limitations. The developers need to work hard to overcome all of these.
- There is a limitation of specific number of request per minute after which Twittermarks asks you to wait for around 5 minutes before attempting another search.
- There is no way you can sign out / in on Twittermarks using another Twitter account. In fact we found that even if you exclusively logout from the Twitter Website, Twittermarks continues to display on their page that you are still logged in. This can be undone only by closing and opening another tab on your browser or clearing browser history.
- As the application requires access to your Twitter account, it may be a deterrent for users for reasons of Privacy ans Security.
All in all, this is an okay application but far from being satisfactory to be used on a regular basis. It should come up with a variety of additional features apart from fixing the issues as discussed above.