Glide for iPhone and iPad is a free social networking application that uses Pin instead of your telephone number (like BBM). The unique feature of this application is that instead of texting and writing stuff, it believes in sending videos to the other person. Developers of this application claim that video message transfer is pretty fast and hassle free on 3G.
When you enter the Glide – Video texting, you encounter a virtual friend named Sarah GlideBot. This contact will guide the first time user through the basic concepts of the application usage. You can also invite your friends to join Glide.
Features of Glide- Video Messenger:
- Unlike WhatsApp, you don’t have to share your number to get in touch with someone. It works like BBM and you can always add someone using a unique PIN.
- There is an option of meeting people. Tapping on this option from the sidebar, you are taken to the Twitter page of this application where different people can share their PINs. So, it turns out to be an effective way of increasing your social circle.
- There is also an option of group chat where a large group can share videos and talk.
- All you have to do is open a contact, tap on the video option and record your desirable video. After that hit send. With this you will be able to send the other person the video.
- In order to delete a video message, all you have to do is swipe the video up and press delete. You can also mark a particular video as spam, unread from the same menu.
- There are many filters available to apply on the video. Apart from the normal filters, if you stand in front of a plain background you can change the colour of the entire background to pink or orange.
- The application is 100 percent free to use and there is no catch in between.
- If you have some problems regarding the video, you can alternatively tap on ‘T’ and write your message as a text.
- There are plenty of inbuilt emoticons in Glide.
Glide has a pretty good interface and a unique concept to offer. Since the application is relatively newer, the user base is pretty small which makes it quite difficult to find your friends on this application. For this, there is an option of inviting your friends to try this concept out. If you are fed up of texting for conveying your messages, this one is for you.
Get Glide app for iPhone, iPad free from here.