Norton Anti-Theft is a tracking service which locates the laptop or PC when it’s lost or stolen. These things could happen anytime, and everybody needs a tracking device or software. There is no dearth of anti-theft services for tablet and smartphone users, but the laptop is still vulnerable to thefts. Norton has come with a simple, wonderful and free (for now) anti-theft service. Anti-Theft is available in its beta version, so users could test this software, get a feel of its functionality until it becomes a paid service .
Let us see how Norton Anti-Theft works:
The procedure is quite simple. If you have ever come across a mobile tracking service, then you will discover that Anti-Theft is not very different. You would be required to create an account with Norton and then install the desktop client. Once installed leave the desktop client running. In case your laptop is solen, logging in to your Norton Anti-Theft web account will point out the stolen laptop’s location on a map, if it’s connected to the internet.
You are also able to remotely lock your system preventing access to your files. A picture of the thief could be taken from the webcam of the PC, with a handy “Sneak Peek” option. The web service is also capable of displaying a custom message on the system screen with the owners name, phone number and a reward for the finder or anything you think will help you in getting your laptop back.
Features of Anti Theft :
- Free, for the moment.
- Simple, to install and use.
- Complete Anti-Theft Package, with sneak peek, remote locking and owner information display.
- Norton Customer Service/ User Support.
Instructions for downloading Anti-theft:
- Go to the Norton Anti-Theft Beta homepage.
- Create an account on the website. You will receive a confirmation email from Norton. Click on the verification link in the email to confirm your email address.
- Then click on download as shown below.
- After the download, install the Anti Theft Manager by clicking on Run.
- After the desktop client installs. You will see a “Explore” button, clicking which will take you back to your account on the website.
- You will see that now your account displays the current location of your PC or laptop.
Securing your PC or laptop is now easier with Norton Anti-Theft. From taking the thief’s picture to declaring a reward it’s complete in all respects. Check it out while it’s still free.