Firefox Preloader is a free add-on for Firefox which reduces the start-up time for Mozilla browsers. Been bugged by slow internet speed ? Firefox slow to start? Then this add-on is the perfect answer. Before downloading the add-on, my Firefox Browser would take a second or two to start, but now, the browser starts in a jiffy. The loading time also drops down to 4-5 seconds which makes Firefox faster. I personally recommend this add-on to every loyal Firefox user who loves to speed up.
Key features of Firefox Preloader :
- Faster startup of your Firefox browser.
- Reduced load time for tabs and search engines.
Instructions to Download Firefox Preloader :
- Go to Mozilla Firefox add-ons site.
- Search for Firefox Preloader.
- Click on Add to Firefox.
- After you have downloaded the add-on, then click on “install now” on the add-on manager.
- Close the Firefox browser.
- Go to the installation folder of Firefox in your system. For example – C:/Windows/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox
- Right click the Firefox.exe file and create a shortcut on your desktop.
- Now right click the shortcut and select properties from the menu.
- In the “Target” field add “-preloader” at the end.
- Then click ok to save the changes.
- Lastly, add a shortcut to the start menu folder. This can be done through drag and drop. Just drag and drop the shortcut to the Startup folder.
Now when you restart your system, Firefox will preload at that time. Then after startup you will notice that the browser speed has improved and it takes less time to open up.
Firefox Preloader makes your Firefox experience better by speeding up. Happy and quick Surfing! [via]