If you watch a variety of video types in Windows you will eventually run of problems based on codecs. What codecs do is to encode and decode digital data, the problem comes when media player that should run the video file don’t have the necessary codecs to be able to show you the video. Here comes into scene ALShow.
ALShow is a very easy to use media player that already comes equipped with a variety of codecs to suit any sort of situation, a great feature of it is that if it still can’t open the file then it will offer you the option to go and download what it needs.
The program has a nice and intuitive interface. It supports various media types like AVI, MPG, DAT, MPEG, WMV, VOB, ASF and a lot of other formats. A cool feature is the bookmark function this player gives. At any point of a video file you can create a bookmark and put a description, this way whenever you feel the need to see again that scene you know where to go.
Other interesting features of this free media player are:
- You can capture a part of audio, video, or even capture screen.
- You can loop videos to watch a section that you prefer to watch more.
- Very light on system resources, and extremely easy to use.
- It can show streaming video from internet.
- Supports captions and subtitles.
- Smooth and clear playback.
- You can change the look and feel of player by changing skins.
These are some interesting features that we get with this media player.