A Mind Map is an easy way to brainstorm your ideas / thoughts visually and organically, with the central idea placed in the middle of the diagram and the other associated ideas arranged around it. In this article we will be learning how to quickly convert a webpage to a Mind Map using a tool called Mindpane.
MindPane is a free Google Chrome Extension that transforms the web page that you are reading into a Mind Map that helps you to easily understand the main structure of your document and enables you to quickly navigate through the topics. Any ads in the web page are eliminated and the Mind map can be exported as a high-resolution PNG image.
Mindpane is a great tool for website developers as it can help them to objectively measure how their content is perceived by users. It is also handy for people who carry out research and comparison between different websites and require a simple and elegant way of seeing the whole picture.
Mindpane offers 16 themes to choose from and depending on your requirement and taste, there are 8 layouts to start with such as Clockwise, Anti-clockwise, Left to Right, Right to Left, and more. Let us examine how this tool works.
How it Works:
1. Install the Mindpane Chrome Extension using the link that we have provided at the end of this article.
2. Navigate to the web page that you wish to convert to a mind map and launch the extension by clicking on the extensions icon ahead of the address bar and then choose Mindpane.
3. The Mind map of the webpage will be immediately displayed towards the right of the vertical side bar with a default Layout and Theme.
4. Click on the ‘Layout’ icon in the sidebar and choose the layout that you desire.
5. Next, click on the ‘Themes’ icon in the sidebar and select one from the 16 available choices.
6. You may try out different layouts and themes to get a perfect mind map crafted out for yourself. When you are satisfied with the appearance of the mind map, click on the ‘Download’ icon at the bottom of the sidebar to export it to your local system as a PNG image. Observe that any ads in the original web page will be eliminated in the mind map.
Mindpane is a wonderful Chrome Extension to easily visualize any web page in the form of a mind map and understand the main structure of the document and effortlessly navigate through the topics. It is a very handy tool in the hands of website developers and researchers.
Click here to download the Chrome Extension for Mindpane.