This article explains how to disable users from deleting sent messages in Microsoft Teams. Microsoft Teams one of the popular communication and collaboration platforms that fulfills the needs from beginner to expert. The app is more like a combination of Slack and Skype delivering on all the checkpoints.
Along with the primary features, Microsoft Teams also packs many small but quite useful feature. One of these features is the user’s ability to edit their already sent messages or completely delete them. This still shows that a text is deleted but the content is gone. Now, this feature can be useful and annoying depending on different team scenarios. So, here is how you can change this whenever needed.
Disable Users from Deleting Sent Messages in Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams allows the team owners to configure the option to delete sent text. Depending on different team scenario, a team owner can anytime enable or disable this feature from team settings. Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can do that.
- Open Microsoft Team and go to the ‘Teams’ section.
- Go to the team in which you want to disable ‘delete message’ option.
- Right-click on the team name and select “Team Option”. This opens team settings with a ‘Member’ tab.
- If you are an owner of the team, you get a ‘Settings’ tab next to the ‘Member’ tab.
- In the ‘Settings’ tab, click on “Member permission” to expand the list of permissions in the team.
- Scroll down to the list and there you can find options to delete as well as edit text messages.
- Uncheck the checkbox to disable the respective feature.
This is how you can easily disable users from deleting sent messages in Microsoft Teams. Do note that, this works within the team where you disable the feature. It removes the delete and/or edit option in the team channels and chat. However, users can still delete messages in private conversations and on channels in other teams.
Microsoft Teams is already a feature-packed tool with a decent free plan with no unnecessary limits like competitions. And, these small but handy features make the Teams even better. There are lots of other options that can make your improve experience with features such as app permissions, connection permissions, etc.