xrecode II is an audio grabber and media converter which allows you to convert your audio and video files. Files like cue, ac3, wv, mpc, mid, cue ,tta, tak, wav, wav(rf64), dts, m4a, m4b, mp4, ra, rm, aac, avi, mpg, vob, mkv, mka, flv, swf, mov, ofr, mp3, mp2, wma, aiff, amr, ogg, FLAC, ape, wmv, divx, m4v, spx, 3gp, 3g2, m2v, m4v, ts, m2ts, adts, shn, tak, xm, mod, s3m, it, mtm, umx, mlp can be converted to m4a, alac, ape, flac, mp3, mp4 (using NeroAAC), ogg, raw, wav, wav(rf64), wma, WavPack, mpc, mp2, Speex, ofr, ac3, aiff, tak using Xrecode.
Xrecode supports bulk file conversion. You can select multiple files, choose their output format, and Xrecode will convert the media files to selected format. Other converters we reviewed earlier include Quick Media Converter, Audio Converter, iPod converter, and iPad Video Converter.
Xrecode has some really good features which are listed below:
- Xrecode works on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 32/64 bit versions.
- Parallel conversion by utilizing power of multi-core CPUs.
- Embedded CUE sheets support (for FLAC, WavPack, APE and TAK files).
- Informative and resizable UI suited even for netbooks.
- Extracting audio from flv, avi, mov, video files (multiple audio streams are supported).
- Metadata can be imported/exported from internal file.
- 24/32 bit audio support.
- Support of mp4, mka chapters (can split mp4, mka by chapters to any supported format).
- Built-in Metadata editor with Cover Art support.
- Xrecode has support for lossywave.
- It also supports portable mode.
- Merge input files to one large audio file and create CUE sheet.
- Converts one file into many formats using “Multiple” output mode”.
- Grabbing of multi-channel Audio CDs to the desired format at once.
- Multilanguage support. Currently program is available in English, French, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish, Spanish Traditional, Swedish, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Finnish, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish and Chinese (simplified) languages.
Xrecode is a great choice to convert all your audio and video files.