Kapwing Smart Cut is a cloud-based online tool that senses and removes the ‘silence’ from your video in just a few seconds. It saves hours of editing time and completes your first version (rough cut) easily and swiftly.
No prior video editing skill is required. The intuitive interface allows you to carry out the process in real time with just two clicks, seamlessly automating your work.
How it Works:
- Upload your video from your device. A link (URL) to the video can also be pasted.
- Select the ‘Smart Cut’ button on the right side bar.
3. Change the ‘Silence Sensitivity’ to suit your requirements and click on ‘Done’.
4. Verify your rough cut, export and download your video in multiple formats like MP4, GIF etc.
An interesting feature of Smart Cut is that the ‘Silence Threshold’ can be adjusted at a very fine and granular level to remove white noise, silence and background sounds.
You can also take advantage of the other useful video editing tools of Kapwing Smart Cut like Adding Images, Effects, Subtitles and much more to modify your trimmed content. Videos can be resized, and saved in popular file formats all within the same tool.
A free sign-in is mandatory; otherwise a watermark is added to your content. There are some restrictions with the free account like a 250 MB file upload limit, 30 minutes video export limit etc. You need to subscribe to their paid services for unrestricted usage and access to a whole lot of other video editing tools.
Nevertheless, the plethora of tools that are packaged into the free version are sufficient for cutting out silence and basic video editing.
- You can edit and store videos for only 2 days and publish only 3 hours of videos each month with the free subscription.
- Upload speed and final quality / rendering of the video is not very satisfactory.
- Insufficient support for keyboard navigation.
All in all, the simplicity of Kapwing Smart Cut makes it well-suited for young students and semi-professional creators. It’s a beautiful tool if you are looking for free software to edit your videos provided, you can wait for the videos to upload and render. Check it out here.