Tetris Blitz is a Free Arcade Game, developed by Electronic Arts. It is available on Apple Store and Google Play. The game is the newer version or a make over version of the famous arcade game Tetris. Tetris Blitz despite having a lot of new additions doesn’t lose the essence of Tetris. The game play is attractive than ever, is even simpler and easy to play. Players however do have to apply their brains but in the end it is a full utilization of free time.
The game hooks the players completely and is exceptionally difficult to drop. The Tetris Blitz allows players to choose from the possible places they can place the blocks. Or even alter the positioning and select the outline to drop the blocks. This feature is in fact new to the Tetris game.
Not only that, the speed and intensity of the blocks dropping remains same throughout. With that there are several power ups, these include:
- Magnet Blocks, which attracts all the blocks to one side
- Quake Power up, which shakes the blocks accumulated
- Time Shift, adds to the time
- Laser Power-up
- and one weekly power up, which changes every week
These power-ups can be bought with the coins that one accumulates in the game or by purchasing the coins from the store. The power-ups help a lot in setting great scores. Also, the Tetris Blitz is different as there is a stipulated time for each level that is 2 minutes.
Did you know you can also play Tetris on PC.
How To Play Tetris Blitz:
- The game once opened, allows you to choose the power-ups. There is a limit of only 3 power-ups you can choose to play with, in a game.
- After which, the game initiates with the timer of 2 minutes.
- The blocks of different shapes fall and one has to strategically place them so that a single line of blocks is formed.
- Once this line is formed these blocks vanish and points are added.
- Similarly, the power ups come in the form of blocks which when vanish, perform their ability.
- In this way, the players gather points!
Simple ? Isn’t it ?
What I liked:
- The new feature which tells the placement of the blocks
- The two minute duration that is, a shorter game
- Catchy game play
- Easy to navigate through
- Interesting power ups
What I didn’t like:
Honestly, I personally didn’t find anything to dislike. Just that I couldn’t post my score to any other social networking sites except Facebook.
The Tetris Blitz by Electronic Arts, is a simple, catchy, irresistible, revamped arcade game. It certainly catches the interest of the user.
I rate it 3.5 out of 5