Comics is an Android app that lets its users download and read famous comics and graphic novels from a collection of over 40,000 digital books. This is a free app from comiXology which offers many best-selling books, like: Batman, Superman, The Avengers, The Walking Dead, and Simpsons.
Comics App uses Guided-view technology that enables its readers to view, zoom and flip pages easily. It has both paid and free comics which once downloaded can be read everywhere. From featured comics to popular ones to freebies every week, this app has a lot to offer.
Top Features of Comics App for Android:
- A very interesting visual interface.
- Easy to access tabs and search bar.
- Guided view technology to give readers a cinematic experience.
- Free comics and graphic novels every week.
- No connection required for viewing downloaded comics.
- A digital library of more than 40,000 comic books.
- New releases on the same day as print.
- Saves all your downloaded comics in cloud so that you can read them anytime from anywhere.
- Automatically syncs all your downloads across all your devices.
- Search using same Publisher, Genre or Story Arcs.
- All your downloaded books in one easily accessible place.
- Consists of best-sellers and classics like Batman etc..
It includes comic books from various genres to suit the interest of all kinds of readers. If you are a Windows 8 fan, then check this Windows 8 Comic Reader App.
Comics app for Android helps its users to get access to tons of comics and graphic novels from all kinds of genres, ranging from action to comedy to horror. Comics is all about our favorite Superheroes, Robots, Cyborgs, Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies. Whether you are a fan of adventure or fantasy, the wide collection of digital comic books in this app will surely amaze you. It has all your favorite classics and new releases, too.
Also check out how to create your own comics.
Download and Read Comics and Graphic Novel in Android:
- The main interface of the app shows Featured comics. You can slide the page to check Just Added, Popular, Top rated tabs that will consists of many famous comics, both paid and free.
- If you are looking to download only the free versions, then you can slide to the last page that has Free comic books. Slide up and down the page to see all the comics that are available.
- You can also search books using same publisher, story-arc or genre of the book. To do so, click on the Comics Icon on the Top Left of the page. To search by name of the comic itself, click on the search icon on the top panel.
- Click on a comic book or graphic novel to read its summary, check credentials, and see previews. User ratings (stars) are also given that will give you an idea about how good the book is.
- To download a book, touch the green button. The price of the book will be displayed on it. If the book is a free version then ‘Free’ will be written on the green button.
- You will be asked to sign-up for a Comixology account. This is very easy. Just type in your email address, a username and a password and that’s it. Once you are signed in, it will start the download.
- Once downloaded, its yours to read anytime even from where there is no internet connection. Internet Connection is only required to Browse and Download comics. You can access all your books (paid and free) by clicking on the book symbol of the top panel. It will take you to the My Book page.
- Reading comics is easy. If you are a first-time user don’t worry. The app will guide you on how to view, zoom, and flip pages through a very short but interesting comic.
I just love this app. It has so many good graphic novels as well as comic strips and web comics. It includes some of my favorite genres like Manga, Fantasy, and Mythology. Now I can read comics while travelling without the need of carrying magazines or novels. A bookmark feature would have been great, but even without it this app is a must download for everyone. If you think you don’t like comics, this app may change your mind.
Get Comics App for Android.