MapsToMe is a free Android app to share your location with anyone. The best part is that you can share the location with anyone, even if they don’t have this app, and even if they are not on Android. As long as the other user has internet, you can share your location with him, in a single click.
The app does not even need any sign-up. Just launch the app and share your location with anyone. You can choose to share your location by using any of the third party apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, Hike, Twitter, etc.. and even native text messaging app of your Android smartphone.
How to Share Your Current Location with Anyone on Android:
As I said, this app doesn’t require any sign-up or details of any kind from you, so just install it and follow below mentioned steps.
- Launch MapsToMe Android app on your Android phone to see your current location.
- You can see that there is a Share word written, along with Share icon. The Share icon is for sharing location using third party apps, while Share word is for sharing location via native messaging app of your Android phone.
- On tapping Share word, you will see name of all your contacts. Tap on the ones with whom you want to share location. You can also select multiple contacts at once.
- After selecting contacts, tap on icon at bottom right corner to open messaging app, and share the location.
- Similarly, tapping on Share icon will open list of all supported apps. You have to choose your preferred apps and follow the steps as per that app.
Depending upon the sharing medium selected by you, the contacts selected by you will receive the link on his/her device. If he has this app, then he can choose to open the link in app, otherwise he can always open it in any browser on his phone.
This way, you can use this Android app to share location with anyone with just one tap.
You may also like: Location Tracker App for Android: Glympse.
MapsToMe is a free Android app to share location with anyone with just one tap. I really liked the feature that you can share location with anyone using any phone, OS, version, or even a feature phone with just internet connectivity.