iBoostup is a free application to speed up Mac OS X. This free app allows you to speed up Mac and keep it running smoothly by optimizing your Mac’s settings and removing unwanted files and data.
If you have a Mac that is becoming unresponsive and slow; you feel like it is losing some of its awesomeness, then try out this free application to speed up Mac.
iBoostUp is simple utility that optimizes and tunes up your beloved Mac by scanning for and deleting unnecessary files that may be bogging down your system. In this manner, it keeps your hard disk squeaky clean. The application also gives recommendations that would help improve your performance and also remove useless temporary files that may cause a breach in your privacy.This free application also displays system information, which is quite useful.
iBoostUp has some features that are locked down and are available in the paid version only. Features like Duplicate files finder, Memory booster, uninstaller etc. are locked down and only work in paid version of the application. This is really sad, but nonetheless, the application’s free version is also really helpful and offers quite a set of useful tools which help you to speed up Mac.
This application has become quite a success, it is to found amongst the top free apps in the Mac App Store. One of the key feature that I think that contributes to its success is its ease of use.
How to install iBoostUp for Mac:
To install this application visit this link. It will re-direct you to the Mac App Stores web page, from there just click on view in the Mac App Store and it will open up install page in the Mac App Store. Now install as usual.
Feature of iBoostUp for Mac:
- The Status screen gives you an overview of your Mac and it’s health as seen in the first screenshot.
- iBoost cleans up the cookies that are stored in your computer. This action helps you reduce the threat of sites tracking your activities. But, if you clear all your cookies you might have to re-login into some of the sites, as you will be logged out.
- The network optimization suggests you more optimal settings by measuring the most commonly visited websites. This option did not do anything for me, all it said was that my network settings are already optimized (I guess I’d take that as a compliment).
- Crash log option shows whats its names intents. Using this you can see the list of applications that have crashed.
- Startup items shows a list of services that startup when the computer starts up, there is no option of disabling or removing any of these start-up items, all you can do is view them.
- The Firewall option just showed the status of the firewall; if it’s on or not. To test it out I switched off my firewall; all it did was show that your firewall is currently off. The recommendation that this software gave was to turn on the firewall when it was off.
- When you delete a file normally it is usually recoverable from the disk drive using a recovery software. The File Shredder feature of this app removes the files completely off the hard disk and makes them unrecoverable.
- Wireless security option gives you security recommendations and alerts you about potential risks based on the WI-FI access point that you are using to connect to the internet.
- File type associations option allows you to view what kind of file is associated with which application. iBoostUp allows you to edit these associations. So you may change these associations according to your needs.
- Check My Application is a feature of iBoostUp that checks the software that are installed on your Mac and displays information if a newer version of it has been launched.
- And there are several options that allow you to delete and removed files from download folder and trash.
This free speed up for Mac software is a really useful utility and you should install this app. Run this app regularly, at least once a week to keep your Mac running smoothly. Also check out the ever popular CCleaner for Mac OS X.