Pocket Recorder is a Free Voice Recording App for iPhone developed by Alexandr Machedonshii. It is a very user-friendly, easy to use, lag free and small app. The display is catchy and gives detailed information about Hz, time and even file size of the recording. The Pocket Recorder allows recording voice through iphone’s microphone in various formats and quality.
This Pocket Recording app works in iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. You can download it from app store using link given at end of this article.
These formats include:
The quality ranges from:
- Smallest Size – 8 KHZ
- Best For Voice – 22 KHZ
- CD Quality – 44 KHZ
The app also allows you to directly transfer the recording by Mail. The sound quality recorded is sometimes distorted but serves the purpose. This app is good for recording lectures, speeches and taking instant notes.
Also check out Android call recording apps.
How to Use this Voice Recorder App for iPhone:
- The App is small in size, so it doesn’t take a long time to record. When clicked on the App Icon, the app allows you to choose from the Audio Quality and Audio Format.
- After that, you are good to go. Pressing on the Green Button of “RECORD”, initiates the process.
- A new screen turns up displaying the duration of the recording. In left corner, the File Size is denoted which changes with duration.
- The recording can be stopped by pressing the Red Button reading STOP.
- The recording is immediately saved, and can be accessed from the small parallel line icon the top left.
- Another cool feature is that the recordings can be quickly searched and classified with ease.
Some additional features of this voice recoder:
The Pocket Recorder App, also allows you to cut the unwanted recording parts with ease. The best feature is that it allows playing the recording on the cut screen when editing, and thus saving time.
The recordings can be identified by icons. The app provides a plethora of icons which can be chosen for easy identification.
The recordings can also be played at slow and fast speeds, which comes handy.
Advantages of this voice recording app:
- Easy to use
- Lag Free
- Recording Cut feature
- Minimal memory usage
- When playing long recording, one can fast forward easily.
- The recording can be played at various speeds.
- No other option than Mail to transfer the Recordings.
- Minor spelling mistakes in the app.
My Take ?
Pocket Recorder is a decent app for recording on your Apple devices. The easy download, usage and other features makes it a competitor. No jargons have been used, even a toddler can use this app with ease. Comes handy in interviews, lectures, speeches and classrooms.
I give it 3 out of 5