Hangouts is an official app by Google to get connected and communicate with friends and people online. It is available free for both Android and iOS. Hangouts was announced at this year’s I/O and it replaces Google’s old Messenger “GTalk”. With this, one can do instant chatting with a single person or in group.
It also allows to do video hangouts with up to 10 people at the same time. One can send photos and emoticons. You can even use Hangouts via Computer while others can use it on their smart phones and tablets. One can sync the data across multiple devices too.
So Cool!. The app provides you almost every medium to hangout with your friends; be it online chat, video chat, or free calls. Also, it makes the chat process even smarter by allowing you to send photos and beautiful emoticons.
Features of Google Hangouts App For Android:
- Send photos and emoticons: Hangouts provides the ability to send photos and emoticons to express feelings and have better conversation with other people.
- No Hidden Member: While doing a group video chat you can see all people who are present in hangout which was not present in earlier version i.e. GTalk.
- Keep Track: You can also see when they are typing or whether they have seen your message or not. This feature is present in WhatsApp and Facebook which looks really cool and advanced.
- Video on the Go: Ability to turn text chat into video call instantly. Just press the icon present at top right corner. Ability to video chat with 10 people at a time.
- No need of smart phones: Yes, you read it right with the help of hangouts there is no compulsion that you need a smart phone or tablet if you want to join a hangout, one can do this with the help of computer only.
- Sync on the Go: Hangouts has the ability to sync your chats and other stuff instantly. This feature helps a lot if one owns multiple devices thus one can continue from any device at any time as your chats will be synced to all your devices. Thus keeping you updated even when you are on the move.
- Get notified instantly and Snooze: Get notification as soon as the message strikes your inbox. But if you are busy then it has the ability to snooze the application so that it will no longer disturb you.
- Check your history: Hangouts stores all your previous chats so that you can see your previous conversations whenever required. One can also see all the photos shared with any person.
It is a huge update from Gtalk and has lots of new features which we liked:
- Video chat with 10 people at a time.
- Now keeps history
- Can be used via Computer to join hangouts.
In spite of the above new features there are things missing which other Messengers have:
- No support for “Invisible” Status now
- One can send only photos and emoticons while other messengers have ability to send videos, locations and even audio messages.
How to Get Google Hangouts App for Android:
Click here to download and install Google Hangouts app from Google Play Store. You can also scan the QR Code below and get the direct download link of the app.
Time for scores, we really liked the application one of the main reasons is it being made by Google and also other features like ability to video chat with 10 people at a time. But it could still be made better by adding some missing features which we mentioned above, so we will give it 7/10.