Here are 2 free online DWF viewer websites. DWF (Design Web Format) is a drawing file available in 2D or 3D and it is developed by Autodesk. While there exist some really good software to view DWF file (check this list), those who want online options for DWF file, these sites are helpful.
While one website on this list is handy to view 2D as well as 3D DWF files, another site supports 2D DWF files. There are some other important options also available that you can use. For example, you can view STEP file, PDF, TIFF image, take screenshot of DWF file from a particular angle and save it as PNG, show/hide layers of DWF file, and more.
Let’s check these free online DWF viewers.
Autodesk Viewer is the best website to view DWF file. It supports 2D as well as 3D DWF files. There are so many interesting features available in this online DWF viewer. These are:
- You can view all the layers available in your DWF file. It also lets you show/hide any or all layers.
- Model browser feature lets you highlight different parts of DWF file. For example, you can see keysblack of piano, floor, trees, etc.
- You can view DWF from different angles.
- It also lets you take screenshot of DWF file from a particular angle and then save the captured screenshot as PNG file.
- You can measure distance and angle for two points in DWF file content.
- Markup feature is also there that comes with annotation tools like pencil, text, cloud, arrow, etc.
- Your design can also be shared with others using a unique sharing link.
You can start using this website by creating a free account. Another interesting feature is there are multiple ways to upload DWF file: desktop, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive.
It also lets you upload and view STEP, RVT, DWG, and other format files. So, the features are pretty good.
Sharecad.org is also a good online DWF viewer. But, it is mainly useful for 2D DWF files and the size limit to upload DWF is 50 MB. If that doesn’t bother you, then this site is good to try.
Another benefit of this website is you can open other format files. Supported formats are: TIFF, SVG, STEP, PDF, SAT, PNG, IGES, BMP, TGA, CAL, and more.
When the DWF file is uploaded, you can use options like show/hide 3D hidden lines, 3D Flat shading, 3D smooth shading, etc. There are options to switch to top view, left view, bottom view, etc., but these options don’t work for DWF file format. So, all you can do is show/hide 3D flat shading, 3D hidden lines, and view the content of DWF file.
These are two good online DWF viewer websites you can try. Among these two sites, Autodesk Viewer is surely a much better option and my favorite website for viewing DWF file. If you know about any other free online DWF website, you can share it using Comments and we will try to add them on this list.