DropTunes is a free web application that plays audio files in your Dropbox account. The website comes in two modes: Flash and HTML5. In Flash mode you can only listen to MP3 files. Whereas, in the HTML5 mode you can play MP3, WAV, OGG, etc.
Lets look at how this web application works:
- On the DropTunes website enter you Dropbox ID and password.
- Then you will be able to see your Dropbox folders.
- Open the folder which has all your music files.
- The music folder will show up on the left pane while the music files will show up on the right pane.
- Playing songs is as easy as clicking on them.
For DropTunes to work it will need to store configuration files which it stores by creating a new Dropbox folder. Meaning if you have to play a music file you would need equal amount of space free in your dropbox account. For example, if you play a 3 MB song from your Dropbox then you must have at least 3 MB of free space in it.
You can also check out other articles like Views.fm, iTunesTweet and Send to Dropbox.
DropTunes is a very user friendly application which does not require any download or installations. Also you do not need to register on the website again, you Dropbox ID will take care of it.
The best part you can listen to your favorite music anywhere you are through DropTunes. So enjoy.