iDailyDiary is a free diary software that allows you to keep a daily journal. It is available in two versions, the free version and the improved professional version with additional features which can be tried for 30 days but attracts a fee of $30 thereafter.
Keeping a diary is still very important for many people. With technology changing literally every aspect of our daily life, blogs and social networks are becoming a common way for people to relay their thoughts. For those still on keeping the traditional charm of a diary, digital diaries are the way to go. iDailyDiary is one application that provides the facilities of a physical diary on your computer and for free.
Features of this diary software
- iDailyDiary is available in both 32bit and 64 bit versions. It runs on all windows based operating systems released after Windows ME.
- Security is guaranteed as all data is encrypted and the application is password protected.
- The software contains a rich text editor meaning that anything you write is easily editable and portable to a host of other rich text enabled text editors.
- The application allows users to enter URLs, hypertext and also insert pictures.
- If your daily journal runs into several pages, there is no need to worry. The application supports multiple pages for each day.
- The software allows for exporting of data into various formats. You can export data to HTML and create a webpage from the journal data.
- The application supports various text formats including Unicode making it easy to import from various destinations.
- The application has support for seven languages including Turkish, Japanese, Dutch and Chinese.
- All text is fully searchable meaning you can easily find and replace.
How to use this diary software
On launching the application for the first time, it prompts you to begin configuration. While a password is optional, it is mandatory that you choose a diary name. When the application opens for the first time, it opens a help page with detailed instructions on how to use the diary. The user interface is much like any typical interface and you could mistake it for a word processor. It is very well arranged and all icons have corresponding tooltips making it easy to use. The writing area looks like a real book held together by spiral binding. Below the toolbars is a blue triangular calendar bar showing the date in long date format and the current page. Beside it are the previous and next controls for toggling between days and pages respectively.
Below the writing area is the calendar which can be used to toggle between days. The current day is marked in red and weekends are marked in grey. To add an entry, launch the software, select your preferred data and start typing. Editing tools are more like those found on a basic word processor. Text can be formatted using a number of tools like fonts, indents, superscripts and subscripts, text alignment, bullets, bold and italics, line spacers and paragraph markers.
The user interface is aesthetically correct. The look and feel used breaks the monotony you find on each and every windows program. Encryption and password protection mean that your data is very secure. The detailed instructions appearing on first time execution were very helpful. I hated that tools like the thesaurus and the spell checker are only available on the professional version but I think I can make do without these. Support for images and hyperlinks is big plus. The HTML export feature is very clever.
iDailyDiary is surely the best free digital diary you will find around.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, XP, Vista, 7
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: