Windows Live Mail is a free email client from Microsoft. It is really a successor to Outlook Express that used to be earlier shipped with older version of IE. Windows Live Mail has really advanced since then, and has become a full fledged email client that I can confidently recommend you to try.
Windows Live Mail is completely free. It supports multiple email accounts. You can access your Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Plus email, and emails from many other servers that provide SMTP and POP3 support. It is really good to see that Microsoft has opened up its native email client to other email providers.
Apart from this, Windows Live Mail has a very good integration with Windows Live Calendar, and keeps your Windows Live Mail calendar in sync with Windows Live Calendar.
Here are some of the features of Windows Live Mail:
- Offline access to emails, and calendar entries
- You can setup reminders in calendar in Windows Live Mail, and you will get reminder on email, mobile device, and Instant Messenger.
- Integrated with Windows Live Calendar.
- In offline mode, you can modify calendar entries and reply to emails, and they will be synchronized with the servers when you connect.
- Windows Live Mail comes with very good security features, and spam protection.
- You can share calendars in Windows Live Mail.
Windows Live Mail provides ease of use, and lot of features of MS Outlook, but is completely free. It is very well geared towards home users, and provides features that completely meet their needs. Other free email clients that you can try are Mozilla Thunderbird, and eM Client.