I recently went on a trip to Austin with my family. Obviously, we took tons of photos there. I accidently ended up deleting all the photos from my memory card before copying them anywhere! That was like a mini-disaster. So, I started search for free data recovery software, and came across Panda Recovery. I used this free data recovery software, and it worked like a charm. It recovered all my photographs within a few minutes, and is totally free. I love it!
Panda Recovery is a free data recovery software. It is amazingly easy to use, and recovers deleted files very efficiently. When you install Panda Recovery data recovery software, it will ask you which drive to scan. You can choose your hard drive, memory cards, or USB Flash Drives. Then Panda Recovery scans the selected drive. Once the scan is complete, Panda Recovery shows you all the deleted files that can be recovered (completely or partially).
Panda Recovery lets you preview image and text files before even actually recovering them. So, you can check your data that is being recovered. After that, you just click on the recover icon. Panda Recovery will ask you for a location to recover data, and then copy all the deleted files there. Its as simple as that.
Here are some of the features of this Free Data Recovery Software:
- Wizard like interface to make the data recovery process very simple and intuitive.
- Windows Explorer style display of drives and files.
- Recover any type of file, including pictures, documents, movies etc.
- Preview deleted images and text files.
- Search for deleted file using either name or size or creation/last accessed date.
- Recover data to local hard drive, or a USB Drive, or external hard drive.
- Provides an estimate of data recovery success.
Panda Recovery free data recovery software also provides surface scan. This is helpful for
– recovery of files whose MFT record has been reused by OS,
– Recovery of files from reformatted media,
– Recovery of files from discs with damaged or missing file allocation table.
As you would have noticed from above, this free data recovery software is feature packed. However, it is still very easy to use. The interface is well laid out, and icon driven. So, anyone can use it to do basic data recovery.
All the data recovery software work best if the data recovery is attempted as soon as possible after the files are deleted. This ensures that the space occupied by deleted files in not overwritten by newer files.
All-in-all, Panda Recovery is a really good free data recovery software that can come handy if you need to recover a deleted file.
Download using links at the end.