Sigil is a free ebook editor to edit ebooks in epub format. Using this software you can convert other formats to EPUB and edit EPUB formats in the WYSIWIG editing style. For advanced users this free ebook editor it has many good features like CSS, XHTML, XPGT editing etc.
Those metadata entries supported by EPUB specification can be easily added to create a hierarchical table of contents.
Here are some of the features of ePub Editing Software:
- This free ebook editor works on various platforms like Windows, Mac and Linux.
- It supports the UTF-16 view which covers the full Unicode support.
- With the help of this software you can perform WYSIWYG style of editing.
- It keeps the documents in a clean manner. The entire embedded HTML is kept tidy. All the imported files are thoroughly cleaned. When you change the views the documents get cleaned automatically. So you don’t have to worry about making mistakes in the code as it will be taken cared automatically.
- This free ebook editor also presents three views for your content, Code View, Book View and Split View.
- This software supports more than 200 metadata entries and with which you can create hierarchical table of contents. In short it has got a really comprehensive metadata editor.
- Using this software you can edit the table of contents fully.
- Since it is open source software you can be part of the development team or you could suggest the new changes you want.
- It also supports multi-level TOC.
- It is completely free and open source and it is distributed under GPLv3.
- All the XHTML comes under OPSC specification can be easily displayed in the book view provided by this software.
- This software supports SVG.
- You will also benefit from the basic XPGT support provided by this software.
- All the imported documents can be converted to Unicode in an advanced manner.
- It is capable of importing files such as HTML, TXT and EPUB. The developer promises that more types of files will be supported for the import in the future versions.
- This software supports the EPUB specification completely.
- The graphical user interface is really simple and easy.
- It’s developed in native C++.
Sigil is an easy to use ebook editor to edit ebooks easily.