Encyclopedia Britannica App for Windows 8 is available in the ‘Books & Reference’ section of Windows 8 App Store. Here, in this Windows 8 Encyclopedia Britannica App, you will find more than 80,000 articles, thousands of charts, images, and diagrams to help you understand each article properly. You can easily pin to start selected articles, save articles for later reading, or just add articles to your favorite list.
There is a big search bar given on the home page of the app where you can search via keywords about a particular topic, or famous personality, or anything. Else, you can browse through all the topics available in this Encyclopedia Britannica App for Windows 8, via A-Z browsing categories.
In addition, you can access the complete articles of the top hundred articles given under the ‘Top Articles’ category, or read the featured article given under the ‘This Day’ category on the home page. ‘This Day’ category brings you all the important events happened on this day along with all the popular and important people born on this day. You will find limited info in that section. But, if you want to know more, you need to Subscribe with the service by paying a fee. There is also a ‘Did You Know’ section where you can read new amazing things everyday. To view all categories, you would require to scroll towards the right, using the mouse wheel or horizontal scroll bar.
More About Encyclopedia Britannica App:
As you open an article to read, you will find limited content available. Just click on ‘Subscribe Now’ button to continue reading. However, if you already have subscribed, then just login using your Encyclopedia Britannica ID and password. On this same page, there are many other options such as Pin, Images, Table Of Contents, Link Map, Font, Add to Favorites, Save. Well, I am quite sure you must be familiar with all the given options except ‘Link Map’. To make it clear, Link Map lets you view all the related articles. You need to left-click to see related articles or right-click to view the link of the article.
You can also share an article, or images with others via Email. Let me quickly tell you the main features of this Encyclopedia Britannica Windows 8 App below.
Features Of Encyclopedia Britannica App for Windows 8:
- Brings you more than 80,000 articles along with thousands of charts, images, and diagrams.
- Lets you search for a specific topic using Search Bar or just browse around all the topics via A-Z browsing categories.
- Lets you access top hundred articles given under the ‘Top Articles’ section.
- Comes up with a ‘This Day’ category where you can find events happened on this day along with the famous important people on this day.
- Lets you save articles for later reading or add articles to your favorites.
- Brings you a ‘Link Map’ option to view all the related articles.
- Lets you pin to start an article, customize font size, and view images related to the currently opened article.
- You need to subscribe for full content. Yup.. limited number of articles are available to read completely. Most of the articles have limited content.
- It’s a free Windows 8 app.
I really found this Encyclopedia Britannica App for Windows 8 interesting. It’s very easy to access articles on different topics without touching the browser. You can search for a specific topic, or just browse around all the topics, look for the top hundred articles of the day, view birthdays of all the famous & important people, save articles for later reading, customize font size, add articles to your favorite list, or just share it with others via Email. It’s a must-have app for people who are always in tryst to expand their knowledge.
How To Install Encyclopedia Britannica App In Windows 8:
Open this link in Windows 8’s IE10 and click on ‘View In Windows Store’. Soon, the app will get opened directly in Windows 8 App Store where you can proceed with further installation instructions.
In short, Encyclopedia Britannica is an excellent Windows 8 app where you can find info about almost everything around the world. Go ahead and download Encyclopedia Britannica in Windows 8 now.