WhatFontIs is a free website to identify font from image. You can upload the image of the font, and WhatFontIs will show names of the fonts that look similar to that font. You don’t need to download or install anything to use this online font identification service. Even sign-up is not required.
Once you find the right font that you are looking for, you can also download that font.
How to Identify Font from Image:
- To identify font from image, go to WhatFontIs.
- Upload the image that has your font text. It is better if that image has one font only. If the image is hosted online, you can also provide URL of the image.
- You can choose to see only free fonts, or both free as well as paid fonts.
- After that, click on “Continue” button.
- Then, WhatFontIs will show you some of the characters from the image that you uploaded. With each character, there will be a text box on the Right side. You need to specify character that is displayed. This step helps WhatFontIs in correctly identifying characters from the image.
- Again click on Continue. Next screen will show the fonts that are similar to the font in your image. It also shows your text in those fonts. Even your image is shown at bottom Right corner, so you can easily compare the fonts with your own image.
- With each font, WhatFontIs shows a button to download fonts. Some fonts are free, and some as paid.
WhatFontIs makes it extremely easy to identify font from image. It has also launched Chrome and Firefox extension which makes it even easier to identify fonts. This is one of the must have web application for all the designers. Go ahead and bookmark it.
And if you end up having too many fonts on your computer, you can always use a free font manager.