Microsoft has been talking about Windows 8 since quite a long time, and we have been eagerly awaiting for it. And today is the day when Microsoft has launched the developer version of Windows 8. You can download this version absolutely free to play around with Windows 8.
Note: This is not a beta version, but a much earlier version than that. It is primarily targeted towards developers so that they can start developing and testing their applications on Windows 8. If you have a spare PC, then you can try it out, but I won’t recommending installing it on your main PC.
Microsoft has launched mainly three versions of Windows 8 Developer build:
- Windows 8 Developer Preview with Developer Tools: This includes Windows SDK for creating metro style apps, Visual Studio 11 Express, and Expression Blend 5. Size of this download is 4.8 GB.
- Windows Developer Preview (64-bit): This is Windows 8 developer preview for 64-bit computers. Size of this download is 3.6 GB.
- Windows Developer Preview (32-bit): This is Windows 8 developer preview for 32-bit computers. Size of this download is 2.8 GB.
System Requirements for Installing Windows 8:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
Download Links for Windows 8:
Download Windows 8 ISO File: Click here.
Download Windows 8 via Bit Torrent: Click here.
Burn Windows 8 ISO:
Windows 8 will be downloaded as a .ISO file. You can use any free DVD burner to burn Windows 8 .ISO to DVD.
You can also create a bootable USB drive for Windows 8. Check the instructions here.
If you are a tech enthusiast, and download Windows 8, do share your feedback with us. We are quite excited to try it out.