VirtualDub is a free software to capture and process videos. It can be used to perform fast linear operations like fuse videos, cut scenes, add effects, improve quality etc, on videos.
The video processing capabilities of this software are restricted to AVI files; however, it can read MPEG-1 and handle BMP images. It has the capability of capturing both analog and digital videos.
How to use VirtualDub:
The interface of VirtualDub is simple in design and hence, easy to use. Before processing the videos users need to select frames on which operations can be performed. All possible processing operations are available in the menus.
Edit menu offers the basic functions-copy, paste, cut and delete; Go menu takes the user to the frame of his choice; Video menu offers video conversion options; Audio menu options can be used to turn off sound, replace sound with other files etc.
Users can also use the keyboard shortcut keys to utilize the various features of this application.
Salient features of VirtualDub Free Video Editor:
- Processes linear video streams
- Supports batch processing
- DirectShow and Video for windows capture support
- Can be used to create video files from a series of bitmaps or targas
- It has a number of filters which can be used to reduce video size, video conversion to grayscale etc.
- Can delete, append and reorder video segments
- Can reduce noise, downsize videos and swap fields in real-time
- Licensed under GNU GPL
- Works fine on all windows operating systems
- QuickTime and MPEG2 are not supported by this application
It is a perfect video editor for those who want to convert, compress, render, filter, edit and capture videos and audios without spending a fortune on high-end video/audio editors.
Other free video editor is VideoSpin.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: