RCBlast is a free blast analysis software for Windows that you can use. This software can generate SDOF and PI analysis on a given data and shows the graphical report to you to analyze. You can use this software for analysis of structural members which are exposed to the blast waves. It can either show you the analysis report from a pre ready SDOF file or you can use this software to create your own blast report. And when you are creating your own blast report, it lets you define a lot of parameters related to pressure, TNT mass, area, and certain others.
RCBlast can be used for research purposes and for advanced SDOF and PI analysis. If you are familiar with the blast related parameters, then you can use this software. This software has included almost every tool to assist you with the blast analysis. It generates the various waveforms and other graphical diagrams for you. And the best part is that it offers all the features and tools for blast analysis in just 6 MB of size.
Main Features of this Blast Analysis Software:
- Handy User Interface: One of the best things about this software is its user-friendly interface. Other software of its kind do not have that. It has kept all the options and graphical windows on its main interface. And on top of that, it comes with a descriptive tutorial to use its various modules.
- Analyze SDOF Dynamically: Another good feature of the software is that it lets you perform SDOF analysis dynamically. It can generate the time graphs quickly as soon as you specify the blast threat parameters.
- Precise Structural Analysis: The analysis results that it produces are very accurate as it takes the input variables with appropriate precision.
- PI Diagram Support: The software is not only limited to SDOF analysis. Apart from that, it can even generate Pressure-Impulse graph for you according to the different input values you specify.
- Exportable Graphs: Many software out there don’t let you export data mainly if its graphs. But, this software has implemented the features to export all the graphs from any window as an image. And the graphs of the software support operations like pan, zoom, etc. To export any graph, just right-click on it and send it to the clipboard. After that, you can paste that in any image editor.
How to use this free blast analysis software?
Using this advanced blast analysis software is very easy if you know about the blast parameters. However, if you are a newbie, then you may find it difficult to use. But once you understand the basic usage, then it will be easy to use this software for almost any kind of blast analysis.
Here are some steps to use this software.
Step 1: After installing the software, you can run it and when its interface shows up, you can open any SDOF file. And if you want to create one from scratch, then you can create a new project.
Step 2: After creating a new project, you can start defining the inputs to generate the results. At very first, you have to define the general description of the project and then proceed further to define other input data.
Step 3: There are different buttons given to define other parameters for structural properties, applied pressure, SDOF options, and PI Diagram options. So, define the parameters like mass, area, dump, peak pressure, peak negative pressure, custom time history, and others.
Step 4: Now, when you have defined all the necessary parameters, you can start the SDOF analysis. So, go on and hit the Run SDOF analysis option. Or, you can use the F5 shortcut key to do the same. After running the analysis, you can see the result on its main interface in the form of various graphs.
In this way, you can use this blast analysis software for some of your research or other purposes. And what is best in this software is that it even lets you export the result.
RCBlast is a very nice blast analysis software that you can try for research or any other purpose. The software has all the necessary tools and components that you will need to do the SDOF or PI analysis. So, if you are looking for a free software for blast analysis, then you can give it a try.