Jarnal is a free replacement for Windows Journal that lets you make notes, draw sketches, make a presentation, keep a journal, annotate a document and many more things. It lets you work collaboratively using a mouse, keyboard, or a stylus. It is open source writing software which works as a multi-purpose writing tool.
This free writing utility is good for all creative writers and journalists or anybody else who wishes to make notes and keep writing organized and safe. We all know that, when you make notes on a sheet of paper, they may get lost and many people are not able to handle them and they mess up things. But Jarnal is open source writing software that keeps all of your stuff safe and sound and leads you towards efficiency.
Jarnal is definitely a better multi-purpose writing tool to keep a journal than Microsoft Windows Journal where files can only be edited and viewed on limited platforms. However, this free writing utility lets you edit and view files in multiple platforms and is fully customizable and even redistributable. The files are in non proprietary format and fully readable by software other than Jarnal.
Features of Jarnal:
- Jarnal can be used with a mouse or graphics tablet to make notes freehand
- The multi-purpose writing tool also supports document annotation, collaboration and networking connectivity
- It is capable of recording pen strokes and plays them back as animation
- The open source writing software has many tools to make notes freehand like graph paper, ruler and arrow tool
- This free writing utility also recognizes your handwriting
- Jarnal supports collaborative writings where many authors can edit a single file
Jarnal is a smart way to make notes and keep a journal. It is really good open source writing software for writers and others. The multi-purpose writing tool is completely free of cost.
For another multi-purpose writing tool, you should take a look at Writeboard.