Xelitan GUI for Potrace is a free Windows based desktop application that enables you to convert raster image files such as JPG, BMP, GIF and PNG to SVG free of charge.
All that you need to do is upload your images, convert them to scalable vector form using a single click and download the converted files to your computer.
1. Click on this link to download Xelitan GUI for Potrace and install the application on your computer.
2. Launch the application, click on the ‘Open’ icon at the top left of the screen and load the image file in JPG, PNG or BMP format. You will be able to see the uploaded image on the screen.
3. Next, you can Smooth or Simplify the image or Clean the noise by modifying the values in the corresponding fields in the left side panel.
4. Now, click on the ‘Start’ button at the top right of the interface to convert the image file to SVG format (black & white) and its thumbnail will be visible on the screen.
5. To save the file in SVG format, click on ‘Save as’, assign a name to the file and save it in the desired folder in your system.
6. If required, you can integrate this application with Windows explorer by clicking on the ‘Options’ button and then clicking on ‘Add’. This will add an option named ‘Convert to SVG with Potrace’ to the Windows explorer context menu. You can then right click on the desired input image file, choose the above option and convert the file to SVG format.
Xelitan GUI for Potrace is a very easy to use raster to vector image converter so that you can make your bitmaps scalable. It supports PNG, GIF, JPG and BMP as the input file formats and outputs the files in SVG or SVGZ format.
Go ahead and try out the tool and do write to us about what you think. Click here to download this application. Are you looking for online tools to convert JPG images to SVG. Click here for a list of 10 Free Websites that’s enable you to carry out this conversion.