MapDeduce is free online application that enables you to upload any PDF document and universally comprehend it using the power of Artificial Intelligence. You can use MapDeduce to summarize the uploaded PDF document as well as ask the pertinent questions based on its content.
At the time of writing this article, MapDeduce can analyze only Text. It doesn’t offer support for evaluation of images if they exist in your PDF document. As per the developers, support for images and other file types will be made available soon.
The working of MapDeduce is very simple and has been clearly explained in the steps enumerated below:
1. Navigate to MapDeduce by clicking on the link that we have provided at the end of this article.
2. Click on the button ‘Upload PDF’ and upload the required PDF document from your local system. If the uploaded document is more than 5 pages, you will be required to sign up for a free account.
3. Once the PDF is uploaded, it appears on the left side pane. MapDeduce will process and understand the document and automatically provide a few relevant questions (proposed questions) based on its content. You can click on any of these questions to get the AI generated answers to them.
4. Apart from this, you can type any question based on the topics covered in the PDF in the text box at the bottom and let MapDeduce answer them for you.
5. To get an AI based summary of the uploaded PDF, click on the ‘Summarize’ tab at the top.
MapDeduce is a reasonable web application to summarize any PDF document and ask interact with it by asking questions based on its content. In my opinion, the summary generated MapDeduce is not sufficient and to the point whereas the AI powered answers to the questions are too short and aren’t up to the mark.
Click here to navigate to MapDeduce and try it out. Do let us know what you feel about it.
Are you interested in a Chatbot with whom you can have an interactive and dynamic conversation based on the contents of an uploaded PDF document. You can try out AskYourPDF that we have covered in an earlier article. Click here to read more about it.