VidGrid is a Free Online Platform that provides an index of news channels, and a way to watch up to a maximum of 9 channels at once on the same screen.
You can use this tool for coverage of major events like elections, large protests, international crisis etc. by major news providers and generate that typical newsroom feel at your home. The multiple channels also help you go get that diversity of opinion from various media houses rather than sticking to one side of the story.
By default, VidGrid provides for 4 channels which can be increased or decreased to 2, 4, 5, 6, 8 or 9 by clicking on the ‘+ / -‘ button in the side bar. As you alter the number of channels, the cells resize and rearrange themselves automatically on the screen to give you the best possible display.
- Go to VidGrid from the link provided at the end of this article.
- Select the number of channels that you require to view in one screen.
- Click on ‘Select a channel….’ to select from the list of preset news channels offered by the developer.
- Alternatively paste the link from another Streaming Video provider like YouTube or Vimeo.
- Repeat the above steps for each channel and your VidGrid is ready for multi-display. Use F11 for full screen viewing.
You can hear the audio broadcast of only the active cell (channel). To activate a particular channel, click on it or press the particular channel number on the keyboard. Once a channel is selected, clicking on it again will cause it to close.
- You cannot resize or rearrange the channels manually as per your requirement
- Video controls like Pause, Rewind, Full screen etc. aren’t available in any of the channels
- There is no option to program the list of present channels provided by the developers. You need to always paste a link of the channel that is not in the preset list to view it.
Al in all, this is an excellent multi-video viewer for your browser and works fine in almost all the browsers that we tested. It’s extremely helpful for people who like to view multiple news channels simultaneously for proper coverage of any event.
Go ahead and try it from this link. Happy viewing