This article covers a free Android app that lets you conduct offline survey on mobile. If you often deal create survey forms then you might be aware of JotFrom. It is an online form builder service where you can create and distribute any of form online. JotFrom now released a mobile app where you can easily build forms on the go and collect data online and offline.
JotForm Mobile Form is a robust mobile app to create and distribute survey forms and collect data. Unlike the website, this app saves the data locally when you are offline and sync it to your account when there is internet connectivity. It saves the data of the survey locally so that you can access it anytime you want. Other users can also fill the form without an internet connection which automatically syncs later. Apart from the offline survey, this app packs lots of options to create any type of form in a few simple steps. It also has features like advanced form fields, kiosk mode, team collaboration, automate workflow, and more. This app is available for Android as well as iOS devices including tablets and iPads. Let’s check it out in details.
Also read: 5 Free Online Survey Maker Websites
How to Conduct Offline Survey on Mobile?
To conduct offline surveys on mobile, visit the Play Store or App Store and install the JotForm app on your device. After installation, launched the app sign in with your JotFrom account or create one for free. Once you are logged in, you can start creating forms in the app.
When you create a form, this app gives you two types of form options:
- Single Page Form: All the question on one page.
- Multiple Page Form: One question on a page.
Select any of these options as per your requirements. In each case, you again get three options to create a form:
- Blank Form: This option gives you a blank page where you can add questions and other parameters accordingly.
- Use Template: This option takes you to the JotForm templates library where you can choose a template and customize it to create your fro
- Import: Form: This option lets you fetch form from the web, clone existing form, or import from a PDF form.
Once you are in the editor, you get three tabs at the top an a form page in the center. These three tabs are:
- Build: In this section, you add questions and various types of parameters in the form. You can rearrange their position and customize settings.
- Settings: In this section, you can customize form settings, add conditions for workflow, and including third party integration such as Paypal, Google Sheets, Google Drive, MailChimp, Stripe, Zapier, Zoho CRM, and more.
- Publish: In this section, you can including third-party publishing platforms such as WordPress, Zoey, Facebook, Tumblr, iWeb, Drupal, Wix, SquareSpace, and more.
Along with that, there is a + button on the left and a color button on each side of the form page. The + button expands the list of items that you can add to the form. Here is a list of all the items under the + button:
- Basic: Header, Name, Email, Address, Phone, Date, Time, Short Text Entry, Long Text Entry, Text, Dropbox, Yes/No Questions, Single Choice, Multiple Choice, Image Question, Multi-line Question, Number, Image, File Upload, Captcha, Input Table, Emoji Slider, and Star Rating.
- Payments: Square, PayPal Checkout, Authorize.Net, PayPal Pro, Chase Wepay, Stripe, Braintree, BluePay, PayU, eWay, BlueSnap, and more.
- Widgets: Take Photo, GPS Location, Geolocation, Voice Recorder, Barcode Scanner, QR Code Reader, E-Signature, Smooth Signature, Drawing Board, Draw on Image, Date Time Single, Google Analytics, Image Slider, Infusionsoft Upload, Timer, Date Reservation, Dropdown with Paging, PDF Embedder, Text Resizer, YouTube, Facebook Like Box, Checklist, Dynamic Textbox, Grid, Spreadsheet, and much more.
The color button is to customize the colors of the form. It consists of the following three sections to customize the form appearance:
- Color: Choose a color theme for the form from the given options or create your own custom color theme.
- Image: Select a background image for the form from the given options or create your own custom background image with effects and colors.
- Video: Select a background video for the form the given themes or create a custom video background.
After creating a survey form, you can share it with various methods. You can publish it on various online platforms directly from the app, send it via email, share it via Bluetooth or URL. After distributing the survey, you can view the responses with a detailed report within the app.
To conduct offline survey, you first have to create the survey using all the parameters expect templates and anything other that requires an internet connection. Again, you need an internet connection to share the survey, unless you use Bluetooth. The users must have the JotForm app installed to submit response offline; otherwise, they need an internet connection.
In offline mode, this app saves the data locally and sync whenever there is a connection.
Get JotForm app from Play Store here.
JotForm is a robust mobile app to create surveys on mobile phone and view responses. This app packs lots of features and templates which are simple to use and offer a vast variety of options. And, the offline mode makes it best mobile app for surveys. Give it a try and share your thoughts with us in the comments.