Quirky is an AI-powered, open-source, free, online tool that you can use to make cool and amazing QR codes for any URL using natural language text prompts. All that you are required to do is paste the URL and type the prompt to generate the art / graphic that is to be used in the QR code. In just a few seconds quirky will generate the QR code for you with the visual embedded in the background.
Quirky has been powered by Replicate which is a platform that runs machine learning models in the cloud without the need to set up your own servers. Also, Quirky uses React-QR-Code as the engine that generates the QR codes for Quirky. For converting your QR codes into cool pieces of art, Quirky uses the services of Multi-ControlNet which is another machine learning model.
1. Click on this link to navigate to Quirky. You are not required to sign up or register for a free account to use this product.
2. Paste the URL for which you desire to generate a QR code.
3. Next, type the prompt for generating the art to be used to transform the QR code. You can go on clicking on the ‘Prompt’ button for ideas.
4. Click on ‘Create’ and wait for some time while Quirky analyses your inputs and generates four variants of the QR codes for you.
5. You must scan each QR code with your QR code reader to verify if it works correctly. You can attempt a few tries if it doesn’t scan in the first attempt.
6. Click on any of the QR codes to view them in their actual size. To download the QR code in PNG format, simply right click on the image and choose ‘Save image as’.
When I used Quirky to generate some QR codes for testing, I found that on a few occasions they were not scan-able, perhaps due to low contrast compared to the background color, cluttering or more. Be mindful of scanning or testing the QR codes generated by Quirky before using them.
QR Codes generally appear monotonous and boring. Quirky transforms them into remarkable pieces of art that not only store the URL link but also possess the ability to attract eyeballs.