PrettyCode is a free online code beautifier that you can use to format, highlight and present your code snippet by creating its animation video and post it in your social media channels. You can also include your name and an avatar to it so that you can be recognized once the snippet goes viral and get adequately credited for your work.
PrettyCode uses the JSON2Video API to automatically create the videos. JSON2Video is a video editing API that helps you to create videos for social media marketing, adding product videos to your e-commerce sites, convert news feeds into social media videos and more.
How it Works:
1. Navigate to PrettyCode using the link that we have provided at the end of this article.
2. Type or Paste your code in the space provided on the webpage and choose the programming language from the dropdown list.
3. Add your custom avatar by clicking on the icon and uploading an image file. You can also type your own name so that you get recognition after you share the snippet video.
4. Choose a background for the Code Snippet video so that you can express yourself easily. Use the scrollbar to browse through all the backgrounds.
5. Next, choose an aspect ratio for the video such as Squared (for Twitter & LinkedIn) , Vertical (for Instagram & Tiktok) or Horizontal (for YouTube or any other streaming websites).
6. Click on ‘Create your PrettyCode video’. Wait for a while till the information is processed and the video is rendered by the JSON2Video API. Once the video is created you click on the ‘Play’ button to view it in the webpage itself.
7. To download the video (MP4 format), click on the corresponding button. Click on ‘Create another video’ to start the process all over again.
PrettyCode is a great yet simple way to showcase your coding skills and get more exposure in the online community. The developers could do better by offering a facility to upload custom videos to be used in the background as well as more features pertaining to formatting and the appearance of the code snippet.
Click here to navigate to PrettyCode.
Are you interested in generating screenshots of your Code Snippets. Click here to explore 5 websites that you can freely use convert your code to image.