Text2Regex is a free AI-based website that you can use to convert Natural Text to Regular Expressions of Python. Text2Regex uses GPT-3 (Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3) which is a language processing AI model that has been developed by Open AI.
Regular Expression (Regex) is a sequence of characters defined by a search pattern widely used to locate a string or set of strings. It can also detect the presence or absence of a text by matching it with a specified pattern.
Regex is deployed in most of the programming languages like Perl, C++, Java, Python and more. Regular expressions are sometimes also used at the command line and in text editors to find specific text within a file.
Text2Regex supports the following two main features:
- Explicit assumptions: This feature allows you to find errors and iterate till you obtain a final Regex that really works.
- Testing: You can input a string and quickly test the regex on the same page to see if it matches.
Text2Regex is absolutely free and there is no limit to the number of times that you can use.
How it Works:
1. Navigate to Text2Regex by clicking on the link that we have provided at the end of this article.
2. Type or paste your Natural English language in the box that has been provided and press Enter.
3. The Assumption based on your Natural Text is displayed on the screen in red color for your reference.
4. At the same time, the Regex is also provided which you can copy and use in your Python code.
5. Additionally, you can input some string to see if it matches your Regex so that it can be tested. A successful match is depicted with a green tick while a red cross indicates that the match is unsuccessful.
After testing Text2Regex for some time, I observed that it is a good tool to convert natural English text to Regex for Python. The tool can be widely used for string matching as well as ‘find and replace’ like operations in programs.
Click here to navigate to Text2Regex.