OpenRocket is a free rocket simulator to simulate and design rockets before being built and flown in reality. This free rocket simulator is an Open Source project which means that the software is free to use for all purposes.
Some Key Features of Software to Model Rocket:
- Six-Degree of freedom flight simulation.
- Real-time flying altitude information
- Get velocity, acceleration info continuously through the simulation carried outed at the back screen.
- View design from every corner through Zooming effects.
- Supported with Elliptical, Trapezoidal,and free-form fins
- Supports roll stabilization
- Automatically calculates mass and CG on the basis of density and shape
Also check out our post on Physics Simulation Software.
This Rocket Simulator can do following analysis:
- Realistic modeling
- Examination of components on stability
- Drag and roll the features of the rocket
- Simulation data can be exported to CSV files for further analysis
- Configure plotting with different preset configurations
Another handy feature is the ‘quick simulation’ indicator in the lower left-side of the screen. If you have an engine configuration loaded into the designed rocket, OpenRocket will do a quick simulation of the rocket and show the altitude, maximum acceleration, and maximum speed of the rocket with that configuration. Very simple and easy for getting a quick indication of what small changes in the design do to the performance of the rocket.
Also check out 3D Home Design, architecture and modelling software.
Uses of Rocket Simulator:
- Helps to implement features
- Helps to write documentation
- Helps to create sample designs of Rockets.
How to Design a Rocket:
- Go onto the website
- Click on “Download”
- After the downloading process, click on the downloaded icon in order to get started with it.
- Once installed, start using various attractive functions and create you own model rocket.
In a nutshell, OpenRocket is a fully featured rocket simulator for creating model rocket or anything you want to actually build.