Soundcloud is a free sound recording online service which allows you to record your sound and upload your sound for sharing it. This sound recording service is one of its kind, easy to use service which helps you to share your own sound with your friends or others. If you have a pre-recorded voice of your own stored in your system, then simply upload and share it with a single click on “Choose files” button. This sound recording service supports formats like OGG, AIFF, WAVE, MP3, MP2, WMA, AMR, AAC and FLAC.
This sound recording service consists of 5 main options which are Dashboard, You, Tracks, People and Groups.
Dashboard option shows you all recently uploaded sound tracks by the users whom you follow. Sound tracks can be directly played, downloaded or you can add your comments to a sound track by simply clicking on “Go To track” option which open ups in a context menu. You can download a sound track only if the download rights are enabled on that sound track by the user. This context menu opens up when you place your mouse cursor over the track. Share option allows you to share your own sound on Facebook, Twitter, My Space, Tumblr, etc.
You option shows your own tracks, sets, comments, favorites and groups. Favorites basically shows your favorite sound tracks which you added to your favorite list.
Tracks option allows you to explore tracks and search for tracks. Tracks option shows you all the recent tracks uploaded by the several users.
People option allows you to explore people on Soundcloud, find friends, view the people you follow, view people who are following you, your contact list. You can also search for people.
Groups options allows you to search for groups, explore groups, view groups you are joined in.
This sound recording service allows you to even send messages to your friends or others within this service. You can check your received messages in the inbox.
This sound recording service is available in few paid plans as well with more features. This sound recording service is available in free plan, Lite plan, Solo plan, Pro plan, Pro plus plan. Apart from free plan rest of the other plans are paid. Free plan comes with only 120 upload minutes.
Don’t forget to check out free sound recording software.
Some Key Features Of Soundcloud To Record Your Sound:
- Free and easy to use online service.
- Supports most common audio formats.
- Record your own sound in few clicks.
- Upload your pre-recorder sound from your computer.
- Waveform widget to show your sound variations.
- Share your own voices on several social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Follow people and view their sound tracks.
You would also like to check out Gilisoft Audio recorder reviewed by us.
How To Get Started with Soundcloud To Record Your Sound:
- Open the homepage of this sound recording service.
- Sign up to this service using your email address or Facebook account.
- Enter few more details in your personal information page. You can even skip this page with a single click on the skip option.
- You will come across your dashboard.
- Click the “Upload and share” button.
- Click the “Rec” button for recording your own sound or click “Choose files” button for uploading files from your computer.
- Suppose if you click “Rec” button, you will come across a microphone confirmation pop-up.
- Click “Allow” button in the confirmation pop-up.
- Click the start recording button.
- Click the same button to stop the recording.
- You can play and check the recording before uploading it.
- Now, click “upload your recording” button.
- That’s all you need to do for uploading your own recorded voice.
Soundcloud is one of the best and easy to use service to record your voice and share it with others in a straight forward way. Try this for free.