Rainlendar is a free desktop calendar system that occupies a very small space of your desktop, but allows a huge variety of features to make it a very useful tool for scheduling and reminders.The fact it is so small means it manages to serve its purpose without being intrusive and obscuring lots of screen space that could be used for windows and other applications.
Rainlendar might not be as powerful as the popular calendar software Sunbird. But I find Rainlendar more useful for normal home users.
Some of the features of Rainlendar Desktop Calendar System:
- Platform independent. This free desktop calendar can run on a variety of operating systems.
- Supports localisation.
- Uses standard iCalendar format.
- Highly customisable. Skins can be altered to change the entire look and feel of this free desktop calendar.
- Multiple calendars available.
- Import and export tasks between iCalendars in other applications.
- To-do list.
- Alarms to remind users of tasks.
- Tasks can be set to repeat automatically.
- Can be extended with user-generated scripts.
- Integrated backup and restore functionaility.
- Print events and tasks.
- Search for a particular event or task.
If you are looking for online calendar, you can try Crawler Organizer.
Better than other iCalendars
This free desktop calendar is very different than others as it manages to keep support for all of the necessary features that you expect from an iCalendar whilst also offering up a high level of customization.
There is a vast library of free skins to choose from that enable you to make your calendar look exactly how you want it to in order to fit in with the general feel of your system and desktop. As well as this, it can be enhanced with scripts created by the user, making it one of the most customizable free desktop calendar system that is available on the web. If you are an avid Twitter user, then try TwitterCal that integrates Twitter with Google Calendar.
So overall, Rainlendar is an unobtrusive, customizable and functional free desktop calendar that allows you to effectively manage your upcoming tasks and be reminded of them at a specified time. This makes it one of the most useful iCalendars out there.