It has been experimentally and evidently found that when you listen to Natural Soundscapes, an optimistic and positive influence is produced in your overall well-being. Additionally the listener starts developing a love and respect for nature which has become a scarce commodity in recent years.
The problem is that these soundscapes are increasingly scarce as human beings continue the incessant destruction of the environment and ecosystems that generate these sounds.
So here comes Earth.fm as a potential solution. It hosts an ever-increasing repository of natural and pure soundscapes from across the world that you could listen and relish freely.
Their basic mission of Earth.fm is to use these soundscapes as a platform using which funds could be raised for grassroots charities that are striving very hard to restore and sustain our natural world.
How it Works:
1. Head towards Earth.fm using the link provided at the end of this article.
2. Browse the map and select the Natural Soundscape from any location that you are interested. Each of them is displayed in the form of a heart icon.
3. The information about the soundscape appears such as recordist, habitat, recommended charity and more appear on the right of the map.
4. Click on ‘Listen to this Soundscape’ to hear the audio. If you want to add this to a playlist, click on the ‘Add to Playlist’ link. The audio controls like forward, rewind, pause, volume etc. are available at the bottom of the window.
5. Alternatively, click on the picture depicting the soundscape to read more about it. You can also listen to the audio or add to a playlist from this page.
Earth.fm is a unique and great way to encourage people to go out into nature more frequently and establish a real and deeper connection with your surroundings. It is also a humble attempt to raise funds for organizations who are working to protect our nature and surroundings.
Click here to navigate to Earth.fm and listen to the pristine sounds of our natural world. It will definitely lead to an increase in your individual as well as collective well-being.