Here is a short tutorial on “How to preview Google Docs in Gmail”. With the help of this Google app named “Google Docs previews in mail”, you can easily preview presentations, spreadsheets and documents directly in the mail itself. This app shows the preview if you receive any link to a Google doc. This won’t work on any other external links or email attachments like word attachment, excel attachment etc. This Google app also offers option to open documents on Google Docs.
Don’t forget to check out a tutorial on “How to move Gmail chat box to the right side”.
How To Preview Google Docs In Gmail :
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click the “Options” sign on the top right corner of the Gmail screen.
- Select the “Mail settings” option.
- Click the Labs option from among the other options.
- Look for “Google Docs Previews in mail”, and click “enable” option for enabling it.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- Now if you receive any mail which contains link to Google docs, you can easily preview these documents without opening them.
Follow these simple steps and to preview Google docs in your email itself. You can also check out Google docs notifier reviewed by us.